Because the last time I made my castle, I didn’t fire it, the whole construction fell apart fairly quickly. It also absorbed water so quickly that the plants living in it dehydrated, and shrivelled up. This time around, I will be making it all out of raku clay, and firing it this way too. The crackle effect, I hope, will give it a more aged effect, but I will need to do some test pieces first.
I went to a glaze induction, finally, and tried making my own glaze, so I should be able to fire some tester ‘mini walls’ soonish. I would like to try using a mixture of glazes and underglazes, possibly all on the same piece, as the bricks in the castles I visited were made up of varying rock types, and all of them were at different levels of erosion.