I Used a former, made from wood, to make sure that each petal of my light shade was as close to identical as possible, so that they would fit together nicely. At first, I tried forming each one by hand, judging the shape to the best of my ability, but this way there are always minor differences, and they didn’t line up well during assembly.
I am pleased with how this came out, but, I think it doesn’t look floral enough. Despite the small flowers on each segment, it still just looks like a ‘modern’ lampshade which you could buy almost anywhere. I want it to look more like its a flower, so I will most likely focus my attention on the form with the scalloped bottom edge.